You’re in the early days of your meaningful business or project, and you want a simple, quick, cheap website, so you’re DIYing it with whatever skills you have.
You want to get the site up, so people can find you and check you out. Preferably without getting bogged down and stressed.
But you don’t just want to throw something out randomly. It’s there to build connections, so you’d like it to work well for visitors, and to do a decent job of showing the authentic you.
What would really help is to have a quick dose of support.
That’s what this new service is – a one-hour Skype call to guide you on the basic elements so that do-it-yourself isn’t by yourself.
It’s a brief dip into the different areas you need to pin down so you can get to good-enough-for-now. And it’s delivered with my gentle and supportive approach, tech translation and eye for personal branding and usability.
We can flex the content to focus where you need it most, but these are the core areas:
- hosting, domain names, WordPress setup and theme choices (I have a basic free theme to recommend but we can look at other options)
- quick picks of authentic branding messages and approach, help with simple colour choices to work with that, and tips on writing and presentation style
- what pages you’ll need (hint: as few as possible for a starter site), and tips for what to put on them.
We can use screen-sharing features to show you where to set options, create pages, etc. (It doesn’t include me doing work on the site for you, but we can talk about that if you want.)
Why work with me?
Hi, I’m Tim Gray. Here’s what I can bring to working on your site.
- Listening to what you need and translating techy stuff so you understand what’s going on.
- A gentle and supportive approach, and experience in working with solo business owners, introverts and others who sometimes get stuck about sharing their message.
- A strong awareness of design, usability and writing so the elements of your site work together to walk your talk and draw in readers.
As a complete technophobe, I didn’t want a website. But I needed one – to promote my book. Tim took me through the process at a gentle pace, patiently explaining every step in language I could understand. Now I have a website that I love. Thank you, Tim.
Tim did a fabulous job helping me upgrade and refresh my website, which I’d not updated for years. Tim gives a great deal of coaching support and encouragement during the process, which was invaluable.
Deeply pleased with the end result and the way we got there. Thank you Tim!
What does it cost?
The cost for this call is £75.
If you have particular custom requirements, we can certainly discuss that.
Want to find out more?
Please mail me to see about a time for a call or to clarify anything you need. It helps if you include a couple of sentences to introduce yourself and a couple of possible time slots.
If you would like – especially if we don’t know each other – we can have a short, no-obligation ‘discovery call’ to talk about what you need and find out if we’re a good fit to work together.